A message from Nancy Jo Wurl

Because this is such an important election and our common goal is to get as
many eligible electors registered to vote as possible, we are going to
launch a massive voter outreach program. We also need to encourage the
people we contact to VOTE.

To do this, we need the cooperation and commitment of you and your party
workers. We haven't done "Branch Registration" for a long time but would
like to set up tables at several prime locations throughout the county to
give as many folks in the county an opportunity to register or update
existing.  We are approaching Albertsons, King Soopers, Liquor Mart,
Safeway, Target, and Tortilla Las Rios Americus (in Longmont and Lafayette).
The last day to register to vote for the General Election is Monday, October
4th so we want to get this registration drive started the first week in
September and it will run through the weekend of October 2nd and 3rd.

For the drive to be successful, we need registrars. The registrars will
encourage potential voters and current voters who need to update their
records to register and follow the registration procedures with
encouragement to vote. In addition to doing a good job of registering
people, the workers should be good representatives of your party.

The Clerk's office will hire, train, and pay the registrars ($10 per hour).
If necessary, we will augment the staff suggestions that you give us with
county senior tax workers. We will maintain an over-all balance of party
affiliations within all workers. We are also looking for a party
representative from each party to work as project supervisors at $15 per
hour. The supervisors will work with Marianne Reichert who coordinates the
Senior Tax Work-0ff program. We hope to train the individuals within a
couple of days before the drive starts. We are at this time, getting
permission to set up tables at the above listed locations.

Boulder County has always ranked high on voter turnout charts in Colorado.
Lets work together to have the very highest percentage of registered
eligible voters and the highest voter turnout in the history of Colorado.