From: Ralph Shnelvar <ralphs@xxxxxxxxx>
To: cvv-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Coloradoans for Voting Integrity Update; PRA
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 23:57:06 -0600

Dear Evan:

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 22:42:12 -0600 (MDT), you wrote:

>On Thu, 14 Oct 2004, Ralph Shnelvar wrote:
>
>> The right time to spend this money is the week *after* the election and the
>> weeks before the Colorado legislature goes into session.
>
>Amen to that.

Thank you, Evan.  It is clear that progressives and libertarians can work
together to pursue common interests.

>And, having gotten more press than any other person in
>Boulder including the mayor, in 1992, without ANY money, it isn't
>the money, it's the quality of the idea you have and how you advance
>it that counts.

The quality of ideas works in getting press in Boulder and other
"politically charged" communities.

In other places, it is money that is needed.  Since "hand counted ballots"
is a statewide issue, we're going to need lots and lots of money.  The
voting machine manufacturers are not going to roll over on this one.

We can diminish their objections (and the objections of the media) if we
allow political subdivisions to use electronic vote counting; as long as
they are followed up by hand counts.

>So what's your lawsuit, Ralph?

I'm keeping mum until it comes out.  I had hoped it would be ready by
tomorrow but the pleading just isn't ready.

My guess is that you will not be happy with the lawsuit.  I could be wrong,
though.

>Evan

Ralph Shnelvar