From: Joe Pezzillo [mailto:jpezzillo@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Sunday, March 13, 2005 6:34 PM
To: Cvv-Discuss@Coloradovoter. Net
Subject: Re: New meaning to being "Observers" to an election...Is this what
is in store for Colorado?

I hate to get anywhere near what appears to be an argument, but since
I've been asked to, I will certainly confirm that Ralph was definitely
instrumental in setting up the first meeting with Alisa Lewis and Linda
Salas about the Swiss ballots, so thanks to Ralph for that!

I think the real question to ask about the low turnout at these
meetings and in the election is "do people care less?" or "do people
feel more disenfranchised?"

Certainly, a strong argument can be made that "people don't care,"
especially with a short term office like the City Council vacancy or an
exciting issue like the coordination of elections, but after what
happened in November, isn't it also possible that people aren't
participating because they don't feel confident in the overall process,
as much as they may not care?

I know I've been as guilty as anyone in the past of adding to the
noise, but given how low-volume this list has become, I hope we can
focus on the signal.

Thanks to everyone for all your efforts to help us achieve trustworthy
elections in Boulder County!

Joe