RE: New Mexico passes a VVPAT/manual count audit bill

Great news, but until the governor signs it - it hasn't passed. Between now
and the time that it is signed into law, we should expect that the white
house will lobby the NM governor not to sign it.

When the white house 'lobbies' a governor it means extortion. Proposing the
denial of federal funds for highways; schools; or even better in this case:
denial or limitation of HAVA funding.
My feeling is that the Shrubbery shouldn't try this in NM. NM has proven
itself as one of the most independent states, even more that CO. NM could
tell the Shrub to get stuffed, and it is pretty likely given the past. But
the Shrubbery have the brains of a plant, so don't put it past them to try.
In fact the NM legislature could come back and change or repeal this law,
should the US admin decide to make good on its threats.

Not positive about this, but I think that the NM governor has 30 days to
sign or veto. We may have to sweat it out that long to see what will happen.

paul