Re: FW: Infrared or ultraviolet ID numbers on ballots

I haven't heard of this, but from my knowledge of physics, it is
quite feasible to print with UV flourescent ink. Infrared ink is
technically problematic.

I don't, myself, worry about this much.  Finding out how a few voters
actually voted is time consuming. It doesn't strike me as a useful
tool for committing massive election fraud.

And it is dangerous for the criminal. It is easy to discover after the
fact, if one has access to the ballots that are stored somewhere after
they are counted. The ink does not evaporate like the evidence of
electronic voting fraud, which is gone even before the 'results' are
published. I wonder where marked ballots are, and who has authority
over them.

--
Paul E Condon
pecondon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx