DOJ does not intend to force "full and complete" HAVA compliance" in NY

Another interesting development in NY State.  I wonder what the
options being considered are?  We'll know by April 10....

 http://www.nyvv.org/nomo.shtml

 ...Judge Sharpe pressed the Department of Justice (DOJ) to concede
 that it is not seeking to force the remedy called for in the original
 complaint, which called for "full and complete" HAVA compliance by
 September. The DOJ attorney signaled that they do not intend to try
 to force full compliance this year, and understand that there are
 physical constraints on what could be realistically accomplished in
 the remaining time.

 In a new development, the Court ordered the State Board of Elections
 to produce a proposed compliance plan by April 10. The Department of
 Justice will then have 10 days to react. At that point, the Court
 will evaluate the plan and determine how to proceed. The State Board
 has indicated that it is still working out the details of an interim
 solution.

Neal McBurnett                 http://bcn.boulder.co.us/~neal/
Signed and/or sealed mail encouraged.  GPG/PGP Keyid: 2C9EBA60