election judges for the primary

Well, I just got a call from Gloria at the elections division.
I'll be the "supply judge" for my home precinct, number 110,
at Baseline and Mohawk in Boulder.

I'm assuming (but not sure) that like always, they still need election
judges, and having folks experienced with computers seems like a big
benefit to me.

There are two training classes this week.  Thursday the 13th, 6:00 pm
in Longmont (Vance Brandt auditorium), and Saturday the 15th at 9:00
am at Fairview High in Boulder.

They are giving special classes to two judges (as I recall) for each
precinct which go in to more detail on the Ballot Now machines.  Those
classes are 4 hours long, and happen each morning and afternoon this
coming week.  Space is limited and people need to sign up ahead of
time.

If you're interested, give them a call at 303-413-7740.  More info is
at

 http://www.co.boulder.co.us/clerk/elections/

including this:

 2006 Election Dates

 Primary Election - August 8
  Last day to register to vote and/or affiliate with a political party
    is July 10
  Early Voting begins on July 29 and ends on August 4
  Last day to request ballot to be mailed to you is August 1
  Last day to request ballot in person is August 4

 General Election - November 7
  Last day to register to vote is October 10
  Early Voting begins on October 23 and ends on November 3
  Last day to request ballot to be mailed to you is October 31
  Last day to request ballot in person is November 3

Cheers,

Neal McBurnett                 http://mcburnett.org/neal/
Signed and/or sealed mail encouraged.  GPG/PGP Keyid: 2C9EBA60