From: dougrcurtis [mailto:dougrcurtis@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, June 10, 2004 5:07 PM
To: Robert Mcgrath; TresCeeA@xxxxxxx
Cc: AlKolwicz@xxxxxxxxx; Edermarth@xxxxxxx; BobRobertPaulson@xxxxxxxxx;
laurieannb@xxxxxxx; cvv-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; davide475@xxxxxxxx;
SDeLeo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; cindy@xxxxxxx; ellen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx;
evan@xxxxxxxx; jcc@xxxxxxxxx; therebis1475@xxxxxxxxxxx; pklammer@xxxxxxx;
cary.lacklen@xxxxxxxxxxx; lynnlandes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; ed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx;
michelle.mulder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx; charlesmyrta@xxxxxxxx; ralphs@xxxxxxxxx;
bthack@xxxxxxxxxxx; summerstorm03@xxxxxxxxxxx; donna@xxxxxxxxxxxx;
jpezzillo@xxxxxxxxx; mlambie@xxxxxxxxx; peter.raich@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Possible Denver Post Ad

Bob and group:
After reading your "CFVI Advice to CO Voters" email, I thought that I had
come up with a good idea for an ad campaign.  But upon reading the Bev
Harris editorial, I'm not so sure. But please read on and give me your
opinion.

What about this as a way to reach Colorado voters: a quarter page
add that would advocate absentee voting, running for two Sundays in the
Denver Post. The first add to be put in Sunday September 27th, in order to
"wet the whistle" and get readers to talk about it at the water cooler, and
the second add to be placed Sunday July 11th, to drive the point home.
(The reason for the early ad postings would be to provide voters enough time
to send in their applications and receive their absentee ballots.)

I was thinking the ad should be a bit provocative:

IT'S NOT WHO VOTES THAT COUNTS. IT'S WHO COUNTS THE VOTES!

Are you willing to trust your vote to be counted by handful of corporations?
80% of the electronic voting machines used in this country today have been
provided by three manufacturers with strong political agenda's. Electronic
voting machines provide no legitimate paper trail and the corporations who
produce these machines will not reveal their computer source codes. We must
vote with Absentee Ballots to insure that there is a reliable record of our
vote.Order your application for a Absentee Ballot from your county elections
office today!