From: Lou Puls [mailto:lpuls@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, June 16, 2005 2:10 PM
To: cvv-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: lpuls@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Discussion of ERC Report FINAL

Paul Tiger apparently wrote (to me the referencing is ambiguous):

>What the ERC did say was RENT not lease. There is a huge difference, which
>appears to have been lost on the elections division.
>Buyers who cannot afford to drop a bundle at one time are invited to lease.
>At the end of the lease they can pay off the remainder and own the
>equipment.
>Renters are checking things out. They are not buyers, yet. Or maybe they'll
>never be buyers, just renters.
>Renting is way cheaper than leasing, and rental contracts more flexible
than
>leases.

And there is a huge difference between BUYING and LEASING.  The BoCo
Commissioners irrevocably BOUGHT the (reduced) Hart-interCivic system
against my lone plea to use our hard-won and considerable leverage to LEASE
it under a contract-performance timeline, where they would have to
demonstate that such Micro$oft-based junkware really worked as claimed and
was worthy of continuation or purchase.  But no, they BOUGHT it (even though
HAVA did not at all preclude such LEASING) in hopes of someday getting
freebie dollars (dream on) in exchange for selling out control of our
election processes.  Those who meekly, ignorantly, trustingly surrender
their rights will indeed lose them - it's those who are dragged kicking and
screaming down along with them who do not deserve to lose their rights.  As
usual, if we really want our rights back, it's Seeya in Court (dream on).

ITYS,
Lou Puls

"By employing religious force in the service of its political
considerations, the Roman Empire aroused a spirit which at that outset it
had not considered possible."
- Adolf Hitler in Mein Kampf, later founder of the German National Church,
1933.