Re: Hand Counting: How Possible Is It for This Year?

You miss the forest for the thousands of trees the pros -both the
corporations who make proprietary voting systems and the
bureaucrats who want to pass the buck to them- have thrown up to
occupy you.

If you want to succeed in "politics" you have to ask for what you
want, not for what you think you can get if you say pretty please.

In the words of Congressman Mark Udall, during his campaign against
Bob Greenlee, politics is "war by other means."

That means using as much force as possible. Unless someone on this
list has dozens of thousands to burn, as many people as possible.

If you want all the people, you have to be able to explain what's
wrong and the BEST way to fix it NOW.

That is what I have done, since November with CVV, periodically,
with no serious interest.

I'm not wasting my time reading the fine print in HAVA, 2239 or
anything else. That's THEIR AGENDA.

OUR agenda should NOT depend on what us amateur THINK this flood of
paper means, but on WHAT IS RIGHT AND BEST.

Paul Danish told me there IS NO OPEN SOURCE SOLUTION NOW SO THEY
HAVE TO USE A PROPRIETARY PRODUCT. Given that and Colorado's insane
recount law, that is NOT acceptable. Maybe under the Constitution,
even.

HAND-COUNTING is therefore the BEST thing NOW. And people can
understand it and stand behind it at the caucuses, etc.

I'm afraid the techies who are the only people with enough money to
still be at this for half a year are the problem. They want an
expensive technical computer fix their way. Having lost the rest of
the people who used to come to CVI meetings, they ARE LOSING!

It's a political problem NOT a technical one -and that includes NOT
a legal one. THE MOST POWERFUL ARGUMENTS ARE MORAL: RIGHT AND
WRONG. The tech part is not more complicated than COUNTING -it's
not even adding!

Sorry for all the EMPHASIS but I'm getting tired of saying this
over and over different ways.

Evan