Re: Fwd: Citizens in the Dark

Paul:

On Fri, 20 Oct 2006 14:10:40 -0600, you wrote:

>On Thu, Oct 19, 2006 at 09:45:39PM -0600, Ralph Shnelvar wrote:
>> I am terribly sorry but I have first hand experience with vote fraud.
>>
>> As you all know by now, I'm a Libertarian so I don't particularly care which
>> of the two major parties gets into power.  They both are equaling appalling
>> to me.
>>
>> Several years ago I was walking a district for a friend in Colorado Springs.
>> I was working off of an official voter registration list.
>>
>> Here's the fact: a good 5% of the addresses on the voter registration list
>> for three precincts did not exist.  I couldn't deliver my packet of
>> information because there was no house at the address listed.
>>
>> Form your own conclusion.
>
>I conclude that the bureaucrats in the county elections office do a really
>shoddy job of data entry. People doing sloppy work is much more common
>than criminality.

Here's the point: If I know about the 5% error rate then other people do.

Here's the other point: Do we deny that elections are stolen?  Is it just
noise coming out of Chicago, Tammany Hall, and Ohio?

Having lived in Chicago for ten years I can tell you that lots of dead
people vote.  Some of them are clever enough to vote often.

>> We are all interested in the legitimacy of the vote.  When our county
>> officials and our voting machine vendors ask for our trust, we all sniff.
>>
>> Why is it that there are people asking us to believe random individuals who
>> show up at the polls that they are entitled to vote?
>>
>> As some wit has noted, we ask for more identification from people who want
>> to cash a $5 check than we do of those who want to vote.
>>
>> Ralph Shnelvar
>
>The weasel word in the report is 'significant'. When there is a 60/40
>divide in the electorate, it takes an awful lot of fraud for it to
>become 'significant'.  But with a 50.5/49.5 divide, an amount of fraud
>that is impossible to detect becomes 'significant'. (If the Republicans
>would just not vote the increased spread would make whatever fraud
>there is be insignificant ;-)
>
>In my opinion, the best way to eliminate fraud in registration is to
>eliminate the picky rules about criminal record, citizenship, residency,
>etc.

Citizenship?????!!!!! Anyone can vote here????!!!!  Why bother even becoming
a citizen?

>But also eliminate absentee voting, mail-in ballots, and insist
>that people show up at the precinct polling place to vote a paper ballot.

On this last point I agree.

Ralph Shnelvar